Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Good Stuff

In case you don't really know me, but you read my blog because you are nosy. I mean, really, we all know that we stalk each other through blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

Well, at least I do. I love reading other people's drama. Makes me feel better about my own. Anyway, a day in my life can be super exciting. Depending on the day. Some days I am really boring.

I decided that I would share some funny stories from work and pictures from my phone....sit back and enjoy the show...

It never fails that every day something awesome happens at work. Whether it be a temp calling in and asking a random question OR something I say. Alicia brings great entertainment to the table as well.

My most favorite line when I call someone to tell them they failed their drug test is this 'but it was only one time and it was a long time ago' I SO want to say 'Really, all it takes is one time, let me guess you didn't inhale, and by the way clearly it was less than 30 days ago'

Alicia and I are very random. We love to laugh. I could laugh all day long. We were settling on some money they she owed me for whatever reason- the picture says it all.
(I cut off the account # and her address for safety purposes)


As I was leaving work the other day I noticed something very odd in the window- these people have inflatable in their office. Yes, I am serious.
There is a green one (not sure what it is suppose to be) and a snow man. That's a little much, but whatever floats their boats.

The kids and I created a play doh hamburger :)

So, the other day I took the elevator down to the mail room (yes, I am lazy). I stepped in and noticed something unusual on the floor. It was a nail. A finger nail to be exact...What the H. Who just rips their nail off and drops it on the floor of the elevator. O-M-G.

This past Saturday Kevin took his truck to get an oil change. Hayden and I stayed in my car until he came out of Wal-Mart. Maybe we had a mini photo session and I don't edit my shoot. This is raw material. Let me quote what he told me before each picture..


"Hey, Lindsay, take my picture with me laying like this"
 "Do I look like a monkey when I do this?"
 "HAAAA, what do you think about this face, Lindsay? Do I look crazy?"
 "Hey, um do you mind if I just put my feet out the window? It feels really good."
 "Wait, let me get my eyes right."


I really love this little guy, now you see why. He is a mess!

My most favorite picture....
I will explain- I am the worlds worst when it comes to typo's. I don't even correct them anymore. The ones I am talking to get what I am saying.
Anyway, Alicia and I were IM'ing today about a letter I had to compose in regards to the new house Kevin and I bought. I wanted her to review what I had written. So, I IM'ed her and told her what I was doing she replied 'to say what?' and you can see what came out next...geez.
Yep. That just happened. I looked Alicia and her face was BRIGHT red. I then looked at what I typed and realized what had happened. We laughed until we cried. Then laughed some more. And we still laugh.

My little Mattellen, she is the best. Sweet little girl has started bartering at school. I guess that is better than kicking kids or causing them not to want to sit by her. Or even scribbling out the teacher's notes. She came home on Tuesday and she said I made 52 cents and got some purple finger nail polish. I said really, how? She said 'Well, do you mind if I sell my purple scarf?' I started to answer and she interrupted me and said "Mom, it's already sold." Well, whatever. She sold it for more than I could have at a yard sale. I am curious to see what she sells next. I am sure the other little girls mother is wondering where her change is............................................

Well, I will leave you with this....Kevin and I close on our new home Dec 14th. If you like moving then you are welcome to help us :)









No comments:

Post a Comment