Sunday, November 13, 2011

Here's to being a geek, that's what my husband said...

So, I have never blogged before.

Anyway, I decided tonight that I would start a blog. As soon as I said, I am going to blog, my husband immediately called me a geek. He said 'what in the world are you going to blog about?' Then something like 'I'm gonna blog you.' And so on...he continued. I thought, why not make this blog about him, since he thinks I am so uncool now.

He even asked me if I wanted tape for my glasses, LOL. What a terd.
Although, I am super in love with that terd no matter if he thinks I am a geek for blogging or not. 

He and I just bought our first house, we have been married a little over a month. We got married 1 day after our 3 year anniversary. Well, our 'meeting' anniversary. It took Kevin 6 months to put a 'title' on our relationship. Took him 6 more months to tell me that he loved me. Although, I had already sorta told him. I will never forget how he said it either 'I love ya terd' Yep, I honestly didn't expect anything more. I was always "terd" to him until a year or so ago. Then I became, baby, sweetie, honey, all the typical lovey dovey names.   I got a little mad at him for some reason, I am sure I had a right to be mad (maybe). In the midst of me telling screaming/yelling at him why I was mad, I said something along the lines of 'I JUST LOVE YOU THAT'S ALL' then the awkward moment of silence started. Whatever.

Kevin was hell bent that he was NOT going to have a girlfriend much less fall in love. HA! His plan didn't quite work out so well, huh?

I remember when we first started 'talking.' He told me not to text him a lot because that is what 'crazy' girls do. Needless to say, I was terrified to even text him after that statement. We met on September 23rd, went to dinner and hung out at his apartment. We went on another date later that week and so on...then he left to work out of town, also decided he was moving back to Waverly (his hometown) and I thought well this is it, I will never see this guy again. Guess, I was wrong too. I see him every day & I love it.

Then we decided to throw our kids into the mix. They are almost the same age, Hayden is a few months older than Mattellen. Hayden is a spitting image of his dad. Looks like him, acts like him, gets mad and crosses his arms like him, you get the picture...and Mattellen well, she is my mini-me. We do not look quite as much alike as the boy's do, but there are some similarities. She does act like me- smart mouth, sassy, out spoken, and so on...again you get the picture. Put us all together and we are one big happy family!


On June 27th, 2011 Kevin popped the question. I knew it was coming, I helped him pick out the ring. I just had NO IDEA when. I really wasn't expecting it to be in our living room when I came home from work. I thought Kevin would have made a big deal out of it, not because he felt like he needed to or because he wanted to (he is very conservative and we all know I am not) but because he thought I would want a big deal. He even consulted with my friend, Alicia. She gave him some ideas and they came up with July 4th during fireworks. I guess Kevin couldn't wait that long. Anyway, I came home, went to the mailbox, walked back in the house, and found Kevin on one knee. I grabbed his face and tried to kiss him, knocked the ring out of his hand, and his response was 'I have not even asked you yet' So, we started the process again. I stepped back and allowed him room to breathe and then it happened. 'Baby, will you marry me?' Of course, I said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I had to Facebook it- you know how the saying goes "It's not official until it's on Facebook"

September 24th, 2011. I became Lindsay Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment