Thursday, November 17, 2011

Letter to Santa and more...

We are a little over a month from Christmas. I absolutely love this time of year. This year will be even better. Not only is it mine and Kevin's first Christmas as husband and wife, our first Christmas in our new house, AND we will have both of our kids on Christmas morning. How fun will this be!!!!

Anyway, with this time of year comes letter's to Santa. Kev and I have been asking the kids what they want to Christmas. Hayden has yet to come up with anything. His answer is always cheese. I have no idea where that is coming from but he claims he loves cheese. His cousin, Gracie, Aunt Jennifer, and Uncle Michael got him cheese for his birthday because that is what he told them he wanted. I guess you get what you ask for :)

Mattellen on the other hand, well her Christmas list is a mile long and then some. Her letter went something like this:

'Dear Santa Claus,

What I want is a IPad2 and some high hills boots I ware size 5 1/2. I want a Ipode Touch. Can I have a Titans book? I want a laptop and I want music CDs. Coutry Music Cds. I want Party Rock music!

P.S. I will do better

Love,
Mattellen',



All I can say is, I sure as heck hopes this Santa is loaded with money or his elves are able to build electronics.
I will have to say her letter made me giggle...I love the I will do better statement.
She had to pull another card at school. She was trying to put her clip back in her hair and the teacher made her pull a card. I guess that's life. I told her next time to just leave her hair down and if she looked crazy then so be it, sure beats pulling a card for trying to put your hair back in place. She agreed.

So, my line of work can be a little frustrating, rewarding, over whelming, and so on...
Especially, around the holidays. Today, I had a client who claims our employee has worked 60 hours and has not been paid, but no one knew he was working (in case you don't know I work for a staffing service). I call the guy who they THOUGHT was the employee and he claims he has never been to that facility, but proceeds to tell me that they can send him a check if they would like. Yeah. Whatever. Anyway, finally the mystery employee calls and says this is 'Milton' BUT yet he referred to himself at our client as 'Trey' o-m-g. No wonder you have not been paid, you are going by 57490584098 different names and NO knows who you are. Again, whatever. Needless, to say he wanted his check this week, so not going to happen, I am not a miracle worker.

On to better things, Thanksgiving is coming up, in case you didn't know. :) Now you do.
I see lots of Facebook post about things people are thankful for, why not jump on the bandwagon. I am not thankful for these things only on certain days though, my would be an every day thankfulness. Drum roll please...........................
  1. My child. Life would not be the same without her.
  2. My love for God. Sometimes, my mouth would make one think that I need to talk to God a little more. I swear I talk to him daily. I make the statement 'Dear Lord, help their little soul.' Often. Or I might say something like 'Lord, be with them' Or 'Lord, forgive me for what I am about to say'
  3. My mom & step dad. No explanation required. They are awesome.
  4. My husband. He is my rock, my soul mate, my ONE true love. I love him more and more every day. Bottom line- I LOVE HIM.
  5. Hayden. The relationship he and Kevin have is awesome. He has the best personality. He loves to joke around and I love that about him.
  6. My grandparents. All of them. My Pa, Jr., is the strongest man I know. My Mema, oh how I miss her sweet face, her soft hands, her way of making everything ok, her pecan pie and sweet tea. Nanny & D-Dad, they love my child as if she is their own. I am SO lucky to still have them.
  7. My mother in law. Her love for her children is amazing.
  8. My job. I am so lucky to have my job. I am so lucky to have found a career that I enjoy (on most days)
  9. My little dog, Noodle. Laugh if you want. Noodle may be a dog but he is my baby dog. I love his little heart to pieces. I love that he has to sleep under my legs.
  10. Dunkin Donuts sweet tea. Again, go ahead laugh. It's ok. You would be thankful for it too if you worked across the street from a DD. It helps me get through the day.
  11. My friends. Tiff, Alicia, Kaci, Natalie, and so on....I love each and every one of them for different reasons. Natalie accepted me into the 'group'  Kaci- oh my. She was the first person to talk to me in Beechmont, KY. She taught me how to play Texas Hold'em. Tiff- I cannot name only one reason. I just love her. Alicia- #1 her kids are cute HAHA!!! (inside joke, but if you want to be her friend then tell her that) #2 She helps me make it through the day.  
I could go on and on. I will spare you though, just know I am thankful for life.
On that note, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine will be good. Even though, my little Mattellen will be at her dad's. I will still make it a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment