Monday, November 14, 2011

Mattellen's school mishap....oh well,it happens.

Monday, this day comes every single week. We all know that after Sunday comes Monday. Nothing new. Although, it seems in the line of work I am in, EVERYONE, needs a job on Monday.

I love what I do (some days).

Anyway, today was interesting. Over the weekend, I received a phone call from Mattellen's teacher. I knew it was coming, my grandmother had already given me the heads up that there may have been some issues at school on Thursday. I never know what to expect with Mattellen. She is me made over. I was raised with all boys. I have taught Mattellen to be respectful, BUT...................some day's she forgets. That's ok. Life goes on. Apparently, on Thursday Mattellen had a slight falling out with the same brat classmate that we have dealt with since Kindergarten. This child and Mattellen have never been on the same page. In Kindergarten we had a falling out over a crayon, he wanted her crayon and decided to snatch it from her and she commenced to digging her nails into his arm.
In 1st grade they swapped several not so nice words. Now, in 2nd grade he has decided she needs erasers in her lunch. Mattellen kicked him. I cannot say that I blame her. If my co-worker put erasers in my food I would probably kick them too (just kidding Alicia)! The end result, they both had to miss recess and a note was sent home. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....I never got the note. My child, pulled the ultimate no-no. She scribbled out the note that her teacher sent home. Yep.

 Needless to say, the teacher and I had a long conversation about how unacceptable that was, as if I didn't know. I LOVE Mattellen's teacher. It was her 1st grade teacher as well, she is awesome with the kids. I wish Mattellen could have her every year!

The teacher and I talked about several things. I guess some parents have called and complained on Mattellen (oops!) and have requested their child does not sit next to mine. Now, this did not go over well with me AT ALL. When my child is wrong I will be the first to let her know about it, but I will also be the first to defend her. I spoke up after the teacher made me aware of the other parents request. Mattellen comes home at least 3 days out of the week and informs me that some child has said something mean. I chalk it up to kids will be kids blah blah...and let it go. Other parents call the teacher. I guess I will start calling the teacher every time Mattellen complains. You know, since I have all the time in the world to call her teacher about kids being mean. Whatever.

No matter how many notes Mattellen scribbles out- she is still my baby and I love her to the moon and back. She sure is giving me a taste of my own medicine. I was told that my own child would be my payback. With that being said, Heaven help my Mom!

Anyway, the end result of Mattellen's mishap. I made her do 10 write offs. 'I will not scribble out notes.' Before she started them, she said do I have to put a period at the end of the sentence. Um, yes child you do.

I also made her write her teacher an apology letter. Her first letter went like this: 'Dear Ms. Hartman, I am so very sorry that I scribbled out the note you wrote to my mom. I won't do it again. Will you please forgive me? Love, Mattellen.'
I did not let her take that to school. I was afraid the teacher would think that I made her ask for forgiveness. I let her know that Ms. Hartman forgave her & she only needed to apologize. Her new note said: 'Ms. Hartman, I am so very sorry that I scribbled out the note that you wrote my mommy. I will never do that again. Love, Mattellen'

The teacher took her note and thanked her for the apology. Pray for me. I have a feeling I have a few long years ahead of me. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment